After Six Months,
- The Sustainable Energy portfolio is up 61.78%
- The Reference Fossil Fuel portfolio is DOWN 0.39%
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up 16.49%
- The S&P 500 is up 14.76%.
These data are summarized in table 1 and discussed below the fold.
The portfolios are detailed in Tables 2 and 3.
Table 2 – Sustainable Energy Portfolio
|Sustainable Energy Portfolio – Stock Prices|
|3||GT Adv. Tech.||GTAT||3.0||3.7||0.73||24.33%|
|5||Next Era Energy||NEE||70.0||78.3||8.33||11.90%|
Table 3 – Fossil Fuel Reference Portfolio
|Fossil Fuel Portfolio – Stock Prices|
|5||Royal Dutch Shell||RDS.A||69.3||64.2||-5.10||-7.36%|
Note that this was an experiment. I did not invest $16 million of real money in these 16 companies. As noted in a previous post in this series, I am not a fund manager or professional investment adviser, nor do I hold a Series 7 or other financial industry license. If I was investing real money, I would not be investing equal amounts in these companies. I am long on the various companies in the Sustainable Energy space, and would short the companies in the fossil fuel space, except for Haliburton. The reasons I would not short Haliburton are classified.
Table 4 – Portfolio Values
|Sustainable Energy Portfolio – Values|
|3||GT Adv. Tech.||GTAT||333,333.3||1,000,000||1,243,333||243,333||24.33%|
|5||Next Era Energy||NEE||14,285.7||1,000,000||1,119,000||119,000||11.90%|
Table 5 – Portfolio Values
|Fossil Fuel Portfolio – Values|
|5||Royal Dutch Shell||RDS.A||14,432.1||1,000,000||926,396||-73,604||-7.36%|
- L. Furman, 5/13/13, Atmospheric CO2: 400 PPM on May 9, 2013
Posts in this series
- L. Furman, 12/21/12, Popular Logistics Sustainable Energy Portfolio,
- L. Furman, 2/8/13, Nega-Watts, Nega-Fuel-Watts, Mega-Bucks,
- L. Furman, 2/9/13, Gold Bricks and Sink-Holes – The Risk & Reward of Fossil Fuel, Solar & Wind,
- L. Furman, 3/2/13, Sustainable Energy Portfolio UP 16% & Fossil Fuel Portfolio Up 1.7% – Since Dec.21, 2012..
- L. Furman, 3/23/13, Portfolio Simulation At 3 Months: Sustainable Energy: Up 22%. Fossil Fuels: 3%.
- L. Furman, 4/26/13, Earth Day, 2013. Oil Spills, Explosions, Fracking Business As Usual & The Stock Market Response
- L. Furman, 5/13/13, Popular Logistics Energy Portfolios: The Trend Continues.
- L. Furman, 6/24/13, Popular Logistics Energy Portfolios: At 6 months
A candidate for General Assembly (Site / Join / Contribute) to represent NJ Legislative District 12, which stretches from Matawan to to New Hanover and includes Old Bridge, Manalapan, Englishtown, Roosevelt, Millstone, Jackson, and various other towns (click here). An analyst with Popular Logistics, I, Lawrence J. Furman, hold a Bachelor’s in Biology, and an MBA in “Managing for Sustainability” from Marlboro College, Vermont. I am available for consulting in various domains and can be reached at “lfurman97” at G Mail.
My goal in these posts is to present and discuss phenomena which I find interesting and which appear indicative of systemic shifts in the economy. Investments in equities of various companies are risky. I do NOT hold a “Series 6” or “Series 7” license from the SEC or any similar licensing body. I am NOT a licensed stock broker, investment adviser or financial adviser and this should n0t be considered “Financial Advice” or “Investment Advice.”